Computer and Internet Addiction
Computers have become an ever-increasing part of our day to day lives. Coupled with this phenomenon, reports of excessive computer use (gaming, online gaming, Internet pornography) is know as "computer / Internet addiction
". Mental health professionals are increasingly aware of this potentially harmful behavior and are beginning to use psychotherapy for it's treatment.
Symptoms of Computer / Internet Addiction
- low self-esteem
- social withdrawal or isolation
- irritability if not online
- preoccupation with Internet use even when not online
- impaired social relationships (marital, parenting)
- lying about actual amount of time spent on the Internet
- continually logging on to the Internet when already busy at work
What to do
If you are or a loved on is having difficulty with a computer / Internet, please seek help.
free telephone consultationcall (312) 620-9890 or contact us now